So it’s about time I get to responding to a couple awards I’ve received the last few weeks.
Thanks to Michelle over at Life On An Island for nominating me for the Creative Chaos Award
For this award:
1. Mention 3 weird things about myself.
– I like my popcorn slightly burned.
– I’ve intentionally watched all three of the Transformers movies, and they keep getting worse with each installment; yet, I would watch number 4 if they make it just because I love hearing the voice of Optimus Prime.
– I’ve lived in the Seattle area almost my whole life, and I didn’t start drinking coffee until a couple years ago, when my wife finally got me drinking it in order to wean me off Rock Star energy drinks. Now, if it weren’t for coffee, I think my heart would stop.
2. Are you a glass have empty of glass full type of person?
– Hmmmm. My answer to this question would vary depending on what stage of life it’s asked of me, but lately I’ve been very half glass empty. (much to the frustration of my better half)
Still, on a grander scale I see that the vast majority of the things that weigh us down in this world will really not matter at all in the end. Perhaps it’s not so much glass half empty, but more like the realization that “good life” or “bad life” is fairly meaningless in light of eternity.
3. You find yourself in a desolate place when your car breaks down. You have no cell phone service, no Wal-Mart, and only a candy bar for food. It is 150 miles to the closest town. What color are your underpants and why?
– At such a stage, I would not be wearing underpants, as I would have by then fashioned them into a reinforcing boot for my left foot, which is stricken with a nasty case of metatarsalgia. I would require my underwear’s extra padding if I were to have a chance at that 150 mile walk.
Thanks also to Lamberta the Poet for awarding me the:
7 things you didn’t know about me:
1. I am a very large man (some of you knew) 6’5″ and 240lbs
2. When I was doing urban missions, the drug dealers often assumed I was an undercover cop. My first published work was based on an encounter I had with such a dealer in San Francisco.
3. I despise mayonnaise or anything that resembles it.
4. My favorite super hero as a kid was The Hulk, and I think he kicked ass in the Avengers movie.
5. I do almost all my writing on iPad because I think computers are rather barbaric.
6. I think the extra fries that show up at the bottom of a fast food bag are sorta like little love notes from God.
7. Aside from extra fries, I think God speaks to humanity in more ways and more often than we give him credit for – usually through music and stories.
In addition to the 5 nominees above, which I shall be lazy and also nominate for this award, I nominate the following 5:
That is all – please do check out these amazing nominees!